Wednesday 1st April
I hope you enjoyed yesterday’s activities.
- PE: Go to this website and choose ‘I like to move it’ to join Jump-start Jonny in keeping fit and having fun! https://www.jumpstartjonny.co.uk/home
- Look at the date…April has begun! What month will it be in 2 months time? Tell your adult.
- Log on to Education City and have a go at the activity I’ve set for you called ‘Picnic stop’.
- English: Please complete the activity I’ve set for you called ‘Days of the week'. English-1.4.20-days-of-the-week.docx Then, in your ‘English’ book write 2 separate sentences using your choice of days – don’t forget capital letters at the start for all days of the week.
- Maths: Today’s Maths is called ‘Chicks and eggs’. You can write the number sentences in your ‘Maths’ book if you want to. Maths-1.4.20-chicks-and-eggs-10-frame.docx Also, have a look at ‘Number Fun’ on You Tube for an extra Maths activity today.
- Spellings: Keep practicing your spellings for ‘au’ and ‘ey’. If you go to: https://thewordsearch.com/maker/ you can enter this week’s words to make a word-search, or you can make your own. A page from your ‘Maths’ book would be good to use as there are squares for you to put the words into.
- Reading: Please read for 10-15 minutes today. Can you make any links with your book? Remember our ‘link’ sign? Your adult can also check your reading of the Common Exception Words with you from page 6 of your Reading Diary today. Pick 2 that you can’t read, copy each one onto a Post-it note and stick it on the fridge or on your bedroom door and each time you go past it, you have to read it!
- Comprehension: Keep going with the comprehension for this week on ‘au phoneme spotter’. Find 3 plurals in the letter and write them in your ‘English’ book.
- Computing: Go to: https://www.terrapinlogo.com/emu/beebot.html and program the Beebot to get to: 1. The letter c. 2. The letter x. 3. The letter d. 4. The letter r. Drag the Beebot back to the start after each letter so that it always starts from the letter k.
- Science: Go to: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zpxnyrd/articles/zxxsyrd to learn about what plants need to grow and where plants grow best.
See you again tomorrow!
From Mrs Gibson.
Tuesday 31st March
Hello Year 1!
I hope you’re all feeling well and are enjoying your second week at home.
- PE: Have a look on You Tube at Just Dance Kids: ‘A pirate you shall be’ and dance along!
- Getting ready for tomorrow’s date, tell your adult how to spell the next month.
- Log on to Mathletics and have a go at the activities I’ve set for you. Today’s is called ‘left and right’.
- English: Following on from yesterday’s work I have set you some more work on contractions. Have a go at this. English-31.3.20-Contractions-2.docx
- Maths: You have some work on number bonds today. If you want an extra challenge you can work with bonds to 20, rather than 10 Maths-31.3.20-Number-bonds.ppt
- Spellings: Go to: https://www.spellingtraining.com/learn.html?&telesj&Veaevl&mtejdr&telrbq&htem&sbjyc&wbjpyc&sbjpyc&rbjyc&pyc and ask your adult to enter this week’s spelling words. Then go to ‘practice your words’ and it will tell you what to do.
- Reading: Please read your ebook from Oxford Owl and do one of the activities on it.
- Comprehension: Looking at your ‘au phoneme spotter’ comprehension from yesterday, answer these questions in your ‘writing book’: 1. What colour theme will there be? 2. Who wrote the letter? 3. Who is the letter to? 4. What does Laura hope Alex will get from the audience?
- Extra challenge: Art and DT: Go to the ‘This Morning’ website and look for Sophie Prescott’s Cracking Easter crafts. There’s lots to do with things from around the house.
Enjoy your day.
From Mrs Gibson.
Monday 30th March
Monday 30th March 2020.
Welcome to a new week Year 1
The mistake on Friday's date was that I used a 'b' instead of a 'd' in the word 'Friday'!
Soon it won’t be March any more. What month comes next?
- PE: Do PE with Joe Wicks today. It’s great fun and gets your day off to a good start! You can find it on You Tube.
- Log on to Education City and have a go at the activities I’ve set for you. Today’s is called ‘Bits and Bobs’.
- English: Here’s some work for you to do on contractions. Not the pregnancy type adults! You can write the answers in your writing book if you can’t print it off or do it on screen. English-30.3.20-Contractions.docx
- Maths: Today’s Maths work is called ‘Easter 2D shapes’. I hope you can remember your shape names! Maths-30.3.20-Easter-2D-shapes.docx
- Spellings: On Friday I gave you your new spellings with the ‘au’ and ‘ey’ patterns. Do some of the activities on the spellings page to help you to learn them.
- Reading: You have probably finished the books you took home from school but there are more for you online! Please register for free with Oxford Owl. Once you’ve set it up go to ‘ebooks’ and then ‘levels’ and then ‘book band’ and choose a book to read from your book band! You can listen to the book and can read it yourself. There are activities to do after you’ve read each book too!
- Comprehension: there is a reading comprehension task for you to do this week called 'au phoneme spotter'. Please try to read the letter yourself and answer the questions. au-Phoneme-Spotter-Comprehension.pdf
- Extra challenge: This week it’s a sunshine challenge. Make a picture of a sunshine and place it in a window of your house where others can see it when they walk past. When you’re out and about see how many sunshines you can see!
- LEGO: Captain Hook needs a new pirate ship and wants you to build it. If you don't have Lego - draw what you want it to look like!
From Mrs Gibson.
Friday 27th March
Fribay 27th March 2020.
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMELIA”
I hope you all managed a spring hunt walk yesterday.
- Can you spot today’s mistake on the date? Tell your grown up what it is. Yesterday’s was that I used the wrong sort of ‘ur’ sound in Thursday. I used ‘ir’ instead of ‘ur’.
- Log on to Mathletics: Have a go at the activities I’ve set for you called ‘Compare numbers to 50’. Your passwords are stuck inside your reading diaries.
- English & Geography: Today’s writing task can be done on-screen, printed-off or you can write the answers in your lined ‘English’ book. It’s called ‘UK work’ English-and-Geography-UK-work.docx
- Maths: Today’s Maths task can be done on-screen, printed-off or you can write the answers in your squared ‘Maths’ book. It’s called ‘Match the chick to the egg’. Maths-27.3.20-Match-the-chick-to-the-egg.docx
- Spellings: Please ask your adult to test you on this week’s spellings. Can adults please say the word, then put it in a sentence and then say the word again. At the end I usually run through all the spellings once more so that your child can check what they’ve written and make any changes before they hand it in! Good luck!
Your new spellings can be found here: spellings-27.3.20.docx
- Reading, Friday special: Please go to https://bit.ly/AudioElevenses to listen to today’s story by David Walliams. Enjoy.
- Comprehension: Last work on your ‘Dogs’ comprehension today. I can find 10 different plurals in the text. Can you write in your ‘English’ book what they all are? Don’t forget, plural means more than 1.
- Extra challenge: Art. Go to: http://harptoons.com/level-1-drawing-videos.html and learn to draw a baby shark!
- PE: Create a free account on GoNoodle.com and pick 2 activities to do today to keep you active!
Have a good weekend Year 1. I’m missing you but I’ll be back on Monday with more fun for you to do!
From Mrs Gibson.
Thursday 26th March
Thirsday 26th March 2020.
Good Morning everyone!
I hope you’re managing to do all the tasks each day and having fun too.
- Can you spot today’s mistake on the date? Tell your grown up what it should have said instead. Yesterday’s was that the month: March, did not have a capital letter.
- Log on to Education City (your passwords are stuck inside your reading diaries) Have a go at the activities I’ve set for you called ‘Seasons to be cheerful’. There are 4 things to do so you can leave two for another day if you want.
- English: Today’s writing task can be done on-screen, printed-off or you can write the answers in your lined ‘English’ book. It’s called ‘Bunny jumps’ and involves a little bit of exercise too! English-26th-March-Bunny-jumps.docx
- Maths: Today’s Maths task can be done on-screen, printed-off or you can write the answers in your squared ‘Maths’ book. It’s called ‘Measuring’ Maths-26.3.20-Measuring-in-cm.docx Don’t forget ‘Number Fun’ are running weekday mathematics sessions for you to watch and join in with LIVE on YouTube at 10am. You can catch up later if you can’t do it at 10am.
- Spellings: Keep practising your spellings for ‘ure’ and ‘ew’… test tomorrow!
- Reading: Please read for 10-15 minutes today. In your ‘English’ book write a list of the characters in your book. If it’s non-fiction then write your favourite heading from the ‘contents page’. You can draw a picture to go with the characters or the heading.
- Comprehension: Looking at your ‘Dogs’ comprehension from Monday, make 2 columns in your writing book of words from it that end with ‘ed’ such as ‘needed’ and ‘ing’ such as ‘jumping’.
- Extra challenge, DT: Go to: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/znm8q6f to learn about batteries. Then go on a hunt around the house to find more than 10 things that use batteries.
- PE: Go to: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC58aowNEXHHnflR_5YTtP4g to join a dance class with Oti Mabuse from Strictly Come Dancing!
- Music: Try this ‘Body Percussion’ by watching this: t-t-2545943-body-percussion-powerpoint-ver-1.ppt
- Email school on: email@example.com with your rocket models or pictures from yesterday so that I can see what you did!
Ask your grown-ups to message your friends to see how they’re getting on with these activities. See you Friday
From Mrs Gibson.
Wednesday 25th March
Wednesday 25th march 2020.
I hope you enjoyed yesterday’s activities
- Did you try Joe Wicks? Remember, it’s live every week day at 9am or you can catch it later if you missed it.
- Look at the date…what mistake did I make this time? Tell your grown up. Yesterday’s was that the day: Tuesday, did not have a capital letter…oops!
- Log on to Mathletics (your passwords are stuck inside your reading diaries) and have a go at the activity I’ve set for you called ‘counting backwards’ .
- English & RE: Finish-off writing the Easter story. Read your own writing to check that it makes sense and make any changes that you need to in blue (if you have one).
- Maths: Today's work is called 'Counting backwards and forwards' Maths-25.3.20-count-forwards-and-backwards.docx Also, ‘Number Fun’ are running weekday mathematics sessions for younger children (3-7 year-olds) LIVE on YouTube at 10am. This means you will be able to join from a tablet, computer, or Smart TV.
- Spellings: Keep practising your spellings for ‘ure’ and ‘ew’.
- Reading: Please read for 10-15 minutes today. Your adult can also check your reading of the Common Exception Words with you from page 6 of your Reading Diary.
- Comprehension: Keep going with the comprehension for this week on ‘dogs’.
- Extra challenge: Can you build a rocket from LEGO? If you don’t have any LEGO can you draw a rocket instead?
- Science: Go on a Spring walk. How many signs of Spring can you see? Remember to look for things like blossom, birds, insects, nests, new plants and flowers and even lambs!
See you again tomorrow!
From Mrs Gibson.
Tuesday 24th March
tuesday 24th March 2020.
Morning Year 1!
I hope you’re all feeling well and are enjoying your first few days at home
- PE: I did Joe Wicks’ PE lesson yesterday and today…phew! It’s great fun and will keep us all fit so if you haven’t tried it yet have a go tomorrow. It’s live every week day at 9am: https://www.thebodycoach.com/blog/pe-with-joe-1254.html
About Joe Wicks. Joe Wicks is the online nutrition coach inspiring people all over the world to cook with his #Leanin15 video meals on Instagram.www.thebodycoach.com
- Look at the date…what mistake did I make? Tell your grown up.
- Log on to Education City (your passwords are stuck inside your reading diaries) and have a go at the activities I’ve set for you.
- English & RE: There’s a link for your English work on the webpage: English -24th and 25th March. Writing the Easter story English-24th-and-25th-March.-Writing-the-Easter-story.docx
- Maths: There’s a link for your Maths work on the webpage too: Maths 24.3.20 - Bunny Number Sequences Maths-24.3.20-Bunny-Number-Sequences.docx
- Spellings: You took home this week’s spellings to learn. Your adult will need to test you on Friday to see how many you got right.
- Reading: Please read for 10-15 minutes today. Your adult can ask you the ‘Questions to ask before reading’ from page 7 of your Reading Diaries.
- Comprehension: there is a reading comprehension task for you to do this week called 'dogs'. Please try to read it yourself and answer the questions. dogs.docx
- Extra challenge: The Rainbow challenge: If you go out for a walk today try to spot as many rainbows as you can in people’s windows.
From Mrs Gibson.