Wednesday 1st April
Hi Class 2.
Happy Wednesday…it’s the middle of the week!
- Reading – Listen to David Walliams reading one of his stories at worldofdavidwalliams.com
- Spellings – Write out each of your spellings forwards and then backwards!
- English – We will be revising the different word types that we learn in year 2, see the word document. word-types-0104.docx
- Maths – Multiplication Word Problem sheet. Word-problems-using-multiplication-and-division-0104.docx
- Reading comprehension – Re- read extract Lucky Rudi and answer Set B questions. Questions can be answered in your exercise books. Use the answer sheet to mark your work together.
- P.E. – Go for a bike or scooter ride with your family.
- Topic – Use Lego or junk modelling to build a famous London landmark. Take a photo and email me with your creations!
- Mathletics – Dividing by 5’s activity.
Tuesday 31st March
Hello Class 2.
I hope you’re enjoying your time at home and managing to make some time for your learning,
Please try these activities:
- Read your book to a family member on Facetime or a video call! I bet they’d love to see you and hear how amazing your reading is!
- Spellings – Write out each of your spellings, use a different colour to write all the vowels (a, e, i , o , u)
- English – See today’s word document to help you edit and improve your instruction writing from last week edit-3103.docx
- Maths – Multiplication Patterns sheet. You'll need to look at your exercise book with the timetables you wrote down yesterday Mult-patterns-3103.docx
- Reading comprehension – Read extract Lucky Rudi and answer Set A questions. Questions can be answered in your exercise books. (Set B will be tomorrows task.) Y2-Reading-extract-and-questions-Lucky-Rudi.docx
- P.E. – Set yourself a challenge with a piece of apparatus that you have at home – How many keepy uppys can you do with a football? How many spins can you do with a hula hoop? How many times can you run up and down the stairs in 1 minute? How many times can you throw and catch the ball in the air without dropping it?
- Art – Create a collage – collect leaves, twigs, flowers, grass and make your own outside picture.
- Education City – Check out the ‘Food Chains’ homework activity that I’ve set for you.
- Here's the answers to the Goldilocks reading comprehension that you completed last week Goldilocks-answers-1.doc
You may have finished reading the books that were sent home. The website Oxford Owl has free ebooks available for children to read. You just need to register for free with your email address then to access them all you need to do is go to the website, click ‘ebooks’, then ‘ebook library’, then ‘levels’, then ‘book bands’. You are then free to choose a book that your child can hear being read or read themselves. There are activities to do on each book too.
Monday 30th March
Good Morning Year 2!
I hope you’ve had a lovely weekend with your family.
Have a go at today’s activities:
- Read your book for 10 minutes (set a timer) After 10 minutes tell someone in your house what you’ve just read about. If you’re enjoying it read for a bit longer.
- Spellings – Write out each of your spellings using water and a paintbrush on a wall or pavement in your garden.
- English – Please help me edit my instruction writing. See the word document edit-3003-1.docx
- Maths – Ask your child to write out their 2x, 5x and 10 x tables as a list in their exercise books.
E.g. 1 x 2 = 2
2 x 2 = 4
3 x 2 = 6 and so on.
We will be using these tomorrow!
- Reading comprehension – Read the Horrid Henry extract and answer the questions Year-2-Comprehension-Horrid-Henry-and-Moody-Margaret-2503-1.docx
- P.E. – Oti Mabuse is holding online dance lessons every day at 11:30am – Have a go!
- Geography – Look on Google Earth, look at Thorney and then look at London. What do you notice? Is anything similar? What’s different?
- Mathletics – Dividing by twos activity.
Have a good day,
Friday 27th March
Happy Friday Class 2! It’s the end of our 1st week of home learning.
Have fun doing these activities
Class 2 activities:
- Reading – Read your school book for 15 minutes. Can you find any possessive apostrophes (Sam’s book) or adverbs (slowly, quickly) in your book?
- Spelling - Practise writing your words down and then get an adult/family member to test you-how many did you get right? (Keep practising any words you got wrong over the next week). New words are attached for next week (Document attached in word & PDF) Spelling-wk-5-27.3.20.doc Spelling-wk-5-27.3.20.pdf
- Reading comprehension – Re-read ‘Goldilocks and the 3 bears’ and answer questions 5-8 in sentences about the text. Please answer in your exercise book if you are unable to print out the sheets. (answers to follow on Monday)
- English – Write some instructions for making your lunch (after you helped to get it ready). Number the steps and use ‘bossy verbs’ to say what you did e.g: take, spread, cut, place. Find and underline your bossy verbs afterwards.
- Maths – X and divide questions and problems- choose the ** or *** sheet. (Document attached in word & PDF). Fri-27.3.20-multiply-divide-probs.doc Fri-27.3.20-multiply-divide-probs.pdf
- Education City – Have a go at the ‘homophones’ activity that I’ve assigned.
- P.E – Go out for a 15-20 minute walk with your family. How many rainbows can you spot in house windows on your walk?
- DT – Help someone from your family to make your lunch (sandwich. toast etc). Discuss what you are doing and the order (use this for your writing today).
Enjoy the weekend and spend some time at home playing and doing things with your family. You could play a game together or help to do a job at home.
See you next week
Thursday 26th March
Good Morning Class 2, happy Thursday.
I hope that you have had fun exploring your home learning activities so far.
Class 2 activities:
- Reading – Read your school book for 15 minutes. Can you read aloud/to someone else and try to use expression when you read? (You could read a few pages and then re read them to improve your reading flow and expression).
- Spelling- spell your words out loud e.g: ‘hour, h-o-u-r and then try to write them down- have you spelt them correctly?
- Reading comprehension – Read ‘Goldilocks and the 3 bears’ and answer questions 1-4 in sentences about the text. Please answer in your exercise book if you are unable to print out the sheets Goldilocks-Reading-Comprehension-Activity-text-questions.doc Goldilocks-Reading-Comprehension-Activity-text-questions.pdf
- English – Use your spelling words & choose 4 words to write in sentences. Try to use at least one of your common exception words (marked with a *). Group 1 & 2- try to write sentences using your homophone words- Group 2: bye/buy and where/wear Group 1: where/we’re and their/they’re so it helps you understand their meanings.
- Maths – X and divide questions and problems- choose the * or ** sheet. (Document attached in word & PDF) Thurs-26.3.20-multiply-divide-probs.doc Thurs-26.3.20-multiply-divide-probs.pdf
- Mathletics – Have a go at the multiply and divide reasoning question.
- P.E – Visit the Joe Wicks Youtube channel and take part in his PE video for the day (if you didn’t take part live this morning at 9-10am). https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
Welcome to the Body Coach TV where I post weekly HIIT workouts to help you burn fat and get fitter, stronger, healthier and lean. You don't need a gym to get...www.youtube.com
- Art – draw/paint/colour a rainbow and put it in your home window (lots of people are doing this and you can try to spot them if you are out for a walk with your family. There should be some in the School hall windows).
Have fun and I’ll be back tomorrow!
Wednesday 25th March
Good Morning Class 2,
Have a great day exploring these activities.
Class 2 activities:
- Reading – Read your school book for 15 minutes. Can you find any adjectives in your book? (Describing words)
- Practise your spellings by writing them on your adult’s back using your finger – can they guess the word?
- Reading comprehension – Re-read ‘A Prickly Problem’ and answer Set B questions about the text. Please answer in your exercise book if you are unable to print out the sheets.
- English – Adverbs, see Word Document Adverbs.docx
- Maths – Division, see Word Document Division-2503.docx
- Education City – Have a go at the Sentence builder activity that I’ve assigned. Choose ‘The Great Fire’ in the left column to build sentences that link to our topic.
- P.E – Make up a dance to your favourite pop song.
- DT – The Great Fire of London started in a bakery, follow a recipe to bake something delicious for your family.
Tuesday 24th March
Hi Class 2,
I hope you are excited to do some school work at home and to show your parents how much you’ve been learning.
Class 2 activities:
- 15 minutes Reading a school book that you’ve taken home.
- Practise your spellings by writing each one in a different colour.
- Reading comprehension – Read ‘A Prickly Problem’ and answer questions Set A. Please answer in your exercise book if you are unable to print out the sheets. Y2-Reading-extract-and-questions-A-Prickly-Problem-1.docx
- English – Commands, see Word Document. Command-sentences-2403.docx
- Maths – Multiplication, see Word Document. Multiplication-2403.docx
- Mathletics – complete one assigned activity.
- P.E – Go for a walk with your adult and spot any signs of spring (buds on trees, daffodils, blossom, frogspawn)
- Geography – Make a map of where you walked, draw on main landmarks that you walked past such as shop, park, pub, houses etc.
Have a lovely day