Here is the link to our most recent Ofsted report (March 2019): 10086786-The-Duke-of-Bedford-110705-Final-pdf.pdf
What we are proud of:
- We remain GOOD!
- Children enjoy school, take pride in their work and speak freely about their worries
- Governors know the school well and provide good support for school leaders.
- Staff morale is buoyant
- Children make a sound start in Early Years, Year 1 phonics and at the end of KS1.
- Leaders know where standards need to rise and have taken suitable steps to strengthen the quality of teaching, learning and assessment in Years 3 to 6.
- The school has turned a corner in terms of quality of teaching in Key Stage 2.
What we are working on to improve further:
- In Key Stage two ensuring that not only the work is pitched at the right level, but that pupils are moved on at the right pace in all lessons so that they are suitably stretched in their learning.
- Developing a more forthright evaluation of the many improvement strategies undertaken in order to consider more closely the impact of on pupils’ learning and progress, including for disadvantaged pupils and the most able.
- The wider curriculum in subjects other than English and mathematics is thoroughly reviewed, so that topics are sequenced coherently, teaching is more sharply focused on core learning and the wider curriculum better supports pupil's learning in Reading, Writing and Mathematics.
Ofsted reports for the past 10 years, including the most recent inspection, can be found by clicking here.