Required for a September start.
The Duke of Bedford Primary School seek to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our team.
Experience of working with children with additional needs is desirable. The right candidate will be working closely with a child/children and the rest of the staff team to ensure the provision and support is in place to allow the best possible opportunities for full participation in learning. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the children are supported in developing their self-regulation and developing, with them, strategies to ensure they can engage with the full curriculum.
We are looking for someone who will bring enthusiasm and a commitment to children’s learning to our happy village school.
The right candidate will need to be adaptable, enthusiastic, highly motivated and have the ability to work as part of a team. They must demonstrate a full commitment to the school and its aim to raise standards.
The ideal candidate will be someone who:
- Has experience of working with a range of children with a variety of additional needs
- Has excellent communication skills and shows initiative
- Understands the needs of children and appreciates a therapeutic approach towards children
- Is passionate about supporting children to reach their full potential
- Is resilient and nurturing
- Has experience in following teaching plans and using a wide range of positive behaviour management strategies
- Has the best interests of children at the heart of everything that they do
- Is caring and friendly with a good sense of humour
We will be able to offer you:
- Fantastic children whose behaviour for learning is a strength of the school
- Collaborative approach to working
- A welcoming and friendly team of staff
- A caring and supportive working environment
- Highly supportive governors
- Continued professional development opportunities
We have high aspirations working in a caring and nurturing environment, staying consistent with our School HEART Values –
We received a ‘Good’ rating from the last Ofsted inspection June 2019.
Visits to the school are highly encouraged and welcomed. Please contact Mrs Pepper, Tel 01733 270243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit and for the application pack or you can download the application pack below.
The Duke of Bedford Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in our care. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. In our school we create a culture of safeguarding which is the responsibility of all staff.
When applying for a post at The Duke of Bedford School, you will be subject to a safer recruitment process as follows:
- If you are shortlisted, you will be required to complete a self-disclosure, which you will need to bring with you to the interview (in an envelope marked confidential).
- During the interview process, the interview panel will explore your skills, experience and attitudes and the questions asked will include questions about safeguarding of children.
- All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check with barred list.
- Shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search.
Submitting an application
Please ensure that you complete all relevant information on the application form and email this to email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: Friday 9th June